Run2Cure Local offers participants convenience and flexibility to run or walk for Neuroblastoma Australia in their own time. Support research into the childhood cancer neuroblastoma - from wherever you are!
1. Choose your distance, 21.1k, 10k, 5k, 3k or 1k and register today.
2. Choose your location - this can be anywhere! Hit the beach or park or see how many neighbourhood streets you can cover for your designated distance.*
3. Work out a date in September.
4. Go alone, invite a buddy or get a group together.*
5. Connect with the Run2Cure Local Strava Club for your time to be recognised (more details below).
6. Get in the spirit by wearing a race bib or dressing up for childhood cancer awareness month with some gold!**
*Please adhere to all covid rules in your area regarding exercising with others, radius from your home and mask wearing.
**Printed vinyl race bibs were mailed out to those registered by 9th August due to print and postal lead times. Otherwise, please download and customise your own race bib here.
Location and distances
Choose to take part in one of our five distance options: 1k, 3k, 5k, 10k or Half Marathon wherever you are in the world, at any time from 1 September through 30 September. Register Now!
We've got you covered with everything you need to share about your Run2Cure Local event. Thank you for helping Neuroblastoma Australia and spreading the word through the use of our downloadable race bib, printable signs, social media tile, frame and flyers.
Do you want your virtual event time recorded?
If so, you'll need to join our Run2Cure Local 2021 Strava Club. We want everyone to be recognised for their hard work, training and results, so be sure to join prior to setting off on your virtual run or walk.
We will be creating leaderboards for each event distance for those that have joined, so create a Strava account and join our club to partake in the fun.
*Run2Cure Local event leaderboards will be created separately from the standard weekly Strava leaderboards.
- Create your free Strava account now if you don't have one already (join Strava on your computer or download the free app on your smart phone)
- Join the Run2Cure Local 2021 Strava Club prior to running or walking your event
- Complete your virtual event between September 1 and 30
- Label your event appropriately (i.e. Run2Cure Local 10k)
- NOTE we will be using total elapsed time of your activity for leaderboards
How to join a run club on Strava:
- Login to your Strava account on your preferred device
- Select Explore…. Clubs
- Search for Run2Cure Local 2021 Strava Club & select join!
Of course feel free to join both Strava clubs below! But for the virtual event, make sure you join the option with the Run2Cure Local logo.
This year, we are running a photo competition with 2 categories with some fun prizes for the winners. Visit our Facebook page in October to vote for your favourite photo!
You may submit a Run2Cure Local photo for one of the below categories.
1. #gogold OR #heroes
2. #dad OR #family
Just click on the above link for more details and how to enter!
Thank you to everyone who took part in 2020. Look at all those hearts on our map of virtual participants!
We have an amazing range of Run2Cure products on our online shop AND the best part is, your purchase will help support Neuroblastoma Australia's mission to fund research so all children diagnosed with neuroblastoma get the chance to grow up.